Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Latest Work




These are two pieces in a new series I have started "Paradox". Respectively, these are Paradox 1 and detail and Paradox 2 and detail.

These involve tons of new techniques I have been learning, new materials and generally an entirely new way of working. It is much faster than what I have done in the past, and very intuitive.

Because it is a multistage process, I never really know where I am going until I get there. But I have to say the journey is eventful, sometimes frustrating, but most often energizing!

Lots more to come, so keep a look out here.

8 comments:

JillW said...

I really like these pieces, and would love to see more about the materials and techniques you used. /jill

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

These are fabulous --- very rich in texture, and I love the earthy tones!

Diane Wright said...

Yes, knowing more about the materials and techniques would be interesting. You achieved such depth.

Peg Keeney said...

Jeri,

your new work is very interesting. I like the texture, color and most of all the movement in them
Keep on developing this theme and pleas post as you progress
warm regards
Peg

Jeri C Pollock said...

Thanks everyone. I will post more about the techniques and materials tomorrow.

Judy Momenzadeh said...

Jeri--I love your new work; it is very organic and natural. It's very soothing but certainly not boring. I, too, would like to know more about your techniques.

JYA Fiberarts said...

I also like the color and texture of these pieces. The layering effect gives them nice depth.

Jen said...

I also love the textural aspect and the complexity. I feel like I could keep returning and see more. Jen