Sunday, June 21, 2009

Alegre Retreat



I was privileged to attend the rebirth of the Alegre retreat at its new home, the Gateway Canyons resort in Colorado. www.gatewaycanyons.com

These are a few of my photos from this beautiful resort. Not only is it stunning and extremely comfortable, but also it is staffed by the most hospitable folks I have had the pleasure of meeting.

The kitchen staff fed us savory dishes at every meal, and folks these buffets were better than many a sit down dinner I've been served. The wait staff went out of their way to please us, knowing what we needed before we thought of it ourselves.

The rooms are large and beautiful, full of comforts that are out of the ordinary. Yet I have to say my husband and I hardly spent any time there!
And speaking of my husband, they kept him amused and busy doing all sorts of things, from ATV and horseback riding, to kayaking and golf.

The rest of the staff looked after our every need, there was a fabric store on site for things we may have forgotten or didn't know we needed so badly. That staff kept making runs into Grand Junction to bring back things we asked for. I even had my Bernina serviced while I was at the retreat. That's because we were provided with lovely Bernina machines to use in class!

They even provided us with discounted massages so we could keep working. I'll be posting more, as I want to tell you all about the wonderful class I took with Fran Skiles.


One thing I know for sure, is that I will be heading out again next year, and so will my husband!




1 comment:

Sandra said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit to my beautiful neck of the woods. I live around the corner, as the crow flies, in Moab, Utah. I attended Alegre in Santa Fe a few years ago and hope to go again now that it has been reborn.